Are you longing to pursue your dreams? Do you want to start living the life that you deserve? Look no further to kick-off your journey of change, as the solution is right in front of you. So how do we get you started? By using affirmations for confidence.
Why using affirmations for confidence to change your life?
Igniting BIG changes in your life requires you to fork over all the confidence that you have, and then some. I’ve been there when I turned my life upside down, so I kind of know the drill. From my experience, confidence and courage go hand in hand. While confidence provides you with faith in your own path, it’s courage that actually gets you on your feet. These affirmations for confidence & courage get you started.
How to get more confidence
Practicing affirmations is just one part of building confidence. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to build up more self-esteem. Besides practicing affirmations daily, it has helped me to immerse myself in positive energy.
Things that provide positive energy
Good vibes create a sense of wellbeing while at the same time diminishing bad vibes like anxiety or stress. Positive energy can flow from many directions: reading a book by your favorite author, calling that loving friend for an hour-long chat, or listening to a confidence playlist on Spotify. Simply put, just do whatever makes you feel good, and do that a lot.
Create your affirmation for confidence
When you take on the practice of affirming confidence, you want to start… confidently, right? (I just couldn’t resist :)) That’s why short, simple phrases in the present tense are best fitted for this practice. Rather say ‘I am confident’ than ‘I am going to be confident.’ Or ‘I embrace my true self’ rather than ‘I am trying to embrace my true self.’ Eliminate all the clutter and get straight to the point so that your brain actually starts developing that confident mindset, without any ‘ifs’ or ‘buts.’ To help you along, I’ve created 12 powerful affirmations for confidence.
My favorite affirmations for confidence
- I deserve to live my dream
- I am worthy of it all
- I am convinced that I’m capable
- I have already come a long way and I can go even further
- I choose to go after what I deserve
- I am able to bring joy and share love
- I care for myself by setting boundaries and saying no
- I stand tall through life’s challenges
- I am one of a kind
- I am captivating
- I am whoever I wish to be
- I embrace my true self
Discover words for your affirmation for confidence
In need of inspiration? In that case, this confidence word finder might help you along. Use your inventiveness and combine one or more words that you discover (and that suit you) in combination with ‘I am’ or ‘I feel.’ This way, you can create your own affirmation for confidence that feels 100% you.
BONUS: 6 affirmations for courage
I know how daunting it can be to start something completely new (like building confidence). The one thing that will get you in that mode of action is courage. So, if you feel you lack a bit in the courage department, try affirming courage as well as confidence. Here are a few of my favorite courage affirmations:
- I am brave
- I already have everything it takes
- I fear no obstacles
- I am courageous
- I am determined
- I am unstoppable
Checklist: how to use affirmations for confidence and courage
- Practice affirming a phrase that is powerful, positive, and in the present tense. For example, if you wish to develop confidence; you can naturally affirm ‘I am confident.’
- For most people, affirming costs the least effort as part of a routine (morning or evening ritual, or both).
- Affirmations work through the principle ‘the more you repeat it, the more you believe it’.
- Try to affirm as much as you can. When you practice daily, you train your mind every single day to become more confident. Isn’t that a graceful way to love yourself?
4 more mindful notes on using affirmations for confidence
- Try not to stress out if you skip a day or two. I also have periods when I practice less often. Step by step, try to affirm more; eventually, you will find a routine that works for you.
- Keep in mind that you are one step further along the way every time you practice affirmations for confidence. The same goes for courage: you are already courageous for starting.
- Be mindful: don’t expect instant results; instead, take your time. Practice with an open mind.
- How to use affirmations for confidence in eight words: practice often, shed your shame, feel your feelings.
Want to know more about affirmations?
In case this all sounds marvelous, but you have no idea where to start, don’t worry – I will take you by the hand. In my blog post How to use affirmations, I share exactly what an affirmation is. Then, I show you how to start affirming in an easy to follow step-by-step guide.
Write your own affirmations for confidence
Once you have read the ins and outs of affirmations, you can create your own affirmation, following the steps in my post How to write affirmations. These insights can also help you create your own affirmations for confidence. Isn’t that splendid? 🙂 Soon enough, you’ll be up and running on the affirmation road.
Need more help getting started?
My favorite app for affirmations is called ‘I am – Positive affirmations’, to guide you through the day on a positive note. The app is available in the Apple Store and on Google Play. ‘I am’ works by sending push-notifications with positive messages throughout the day. A wonderful way to welcome more self-love into your life, if you’re just starting out with self-love affirmations to build more confidence.
Did you enjoy reading this post?
I sure hope you did 🙂 If you have any questions, recommendations, or experiences you want to share, I’d be more than happy to read your thoughts! You can leave your comment in the field below. Do you know someone who could benefit from using affirmations for confidence? Feel free to share this post (via the URL bar or any of the social share buttons) and get the positive energy flowing!